Welcome to the College Innovation Network (CIN)
By joining CIN, you are connecting with a community of like-minded postsecondary education providers who are committed to the common goal of implementing and testing technological innovations to better support students. As a member, your organization will
- Gain access to innovative, research-based EdTech products
- Participate in efficacy research
- Convene with other network members to share best practices and findings
CIN members share both a passion for improving outcomes for all students and the capacity to execute on this commitment.
CIN is staffed by WGU Labs, a research and development hub for innovation in education.
Our approach focuses on three key areas.
Align member needs with emerging technological innovations
Facilitate the design, piloting, and evaluation of chosen products to ensure beneficial impact
Disseminate findings and insights between members and more broadly with the scientific community
As a CIN member, you will experience the following benefits — all at no cost to you:
- Access to network collaboration, insights, and learning
- Rigorous efficacy testing
- Product sourcing support
- Enhanced product implementation support
- Membership in a high-impact, high-profile initiative
Is my institution the right fit?
We seek member institutions that educate diverse student populations, including a significant proportion of traditionally underrepresented and underserved students.
- Broad access policies for admission
- Internal consensus on improvement areas
- Leadership support and capacity for project demands
Institutions must have a willingness and ability to share data needed to gauge product efficacy and identify the improvements in student outcomes. Examples of data sharing may include:
- Student performance and persistence measures
- Demographic and other relevant student data
- Student survey responses
- Historical data
Both traditional and non-traditional education providers are welcome to apply, including:
- Community colleges
- Regional four-year schools
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs)
- Tribal Colleges
- LTI Compliant LMS